Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Morning in Minnedosa ...

There's loads of Free parking ...
... unfortunately that only means most of the residents
of Minnedosa are off shopping in Brandon.
When will our Town Fathers realize that the
ONLY WAY TO SAVE THIS TOWN
is by promoting the wonderful businesses
WE ALREADY HAVE
rather than foolishly courting multi-national chains.
Chipperfield Coffee Company,
Sun Sun Chinese Restaurant,
Garden Thyme,
Main Street Cafe,
the Ski Hill,
even The Minnedosa Dollar Store,
are ALL businesses worth hyping beyond our faire town.
-
Yet, the Chamber and the Economic Development Officer
seem hell bent on seeking out competition for
established businesses that are already struggling to survive.
Can ANYONE tell me how THAT makes sense???
-
Shop local is a start ...
promoting LOCAL is essential.
Maybe one day our Town Fathers will stay in town long enough
to finally listen to the voices of those who actually support
the town of Minnedosa and want to see it survive.

2 comments:

Debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

I agree with everything said here. Im from the States but come to Minnedosa as often as 5 times a year. In the States I live in a big city with over 200,000 people and her in Minnedosa is the complete opposite of what Im used to. I love this little town and the people in it, you guys are the nicest people I came into contact with so far. Some of my greatest moments and my fondest memories took place in this town and I actually fell in love here with one of your own. Its my "Mayberry" and such a wonderful place, I'd love to live here eventually. As long as Minnedosa is here I will continue to keep coming back for the small town values, the nice people, the feeling of belonging and of course for Nicholas, one of Minnedosa's hometown boys. Brandon is nice and I love it but it also doesnt compare to what Minnedosa has to offer, I wish more people would see that. Even though Im not a resident, I like many would love to see the town survive, Minnedosa has my support and warm wishes.